Amylyn Riedling, Certified PP, PLS, has been a paralegal since 1996 and started working at Cutler Nylander & Hayton in 1997.
2012 – Earned her Professional Paralegal (PP) certification from NALS … the association for legal professionals
2012 – NALS of Washington’s Award of Excellence recipient
2012 – NALS of Washington’s Officer of the Year award recipient
2012 – NALS Award of Excellence nominee (National level)
2010 – NALS of Greater Seattle’s Legal Professional of the Year award recipient
2010 – Earned her Professional Legal Secretary (PLS) certification from NALS … the association for legal professionals
2007 – Paralegal Plus Certification from Highline Community College, ABA Approved Program
1996 – Bachelor of Arts, Law and Justice, Emphasis on Paralegal Studies from Central Washington University
Amylyn is a member of the Washington State Paralegal’s Association and an active leader/member for NALS … the association for legal professionals on the national, state and local level.
National level service:
- Grassroots Committee Member (2012-present)
- Vice Chair, Education Committee (2011-2013)
- Education Committee (2010-2011)
- Green Team Member (2009-2010)
- For a copy of the NALS Law Office Green Guide, please visit http://www.nals.org/?p=2515
State level service:
- President-Elect (2013-2014)
- Membership Director (2012-2013)
- Historian (2010-2013)
- Education Director (2010-2012)
Local level service:
- President – NALS of Pierce County (2013-2014)
- Vice President/Membership – NALS of Pierce County (2012-2013)
- Education Director – NALS of Greater Seattle (2010-2011)
- Education Director – NALS of Greater Seattle (2009-2010)
- Awards Chair – NALS of Greater Seattle (2008-2009)
- Education Committee – NALS of Greater Seattle (2008-2009)
- Audit Committee – NALS of Greater Seattle (2007-2008)
As well as being an active member in NALS, Amylyn has been a presenter for NALS of Greater Seattle and NALS of Washington on the subjects of trial preparation, discovery matters and appellate procedures. She is also a frequent guest speaker at Bates Technical College and Highline Community College in their legal education programs.
When she is not working, Amylyn spends time riding her ATV, snow shoeing/skiing, scrapbooking, knitting and visiting with friends and family. Amylyn, along with her husband Michael and their bulldog Lola, spend as much time as possible camping and traveling around the United States. Amylyn and Michael have a goal of spending at least one night in every state before they retire.